1992-10-13 - Re: drugs and simulation games.

Header Data

From: efrem@spitha.informix.com (Efrem Lipkin)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 9d9b3f185dc1184373c05840732a665da5d2d40536390fbb241e6d84a3afeb1f
Message ID: <9210130254.AA04987@spitha.informix.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 12 Oct 92 20:56:33 PDT

Raw message

From: efrem@spitha.informix.com (Efrem Lipkin)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 92 20:56:33 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: drugs and simulation games.

Unfortunately the first two things which come to mind are:

coffee (a drug - actually an excuse for gathering)
papers on public key cryptography (primary information)

radios - illegel in Russia and I believe elsewhere during WWII
East German typewriters - I had one

Also a slight deviation: many medicines (and soon herbal contraptions)
which are doctor monoply items here, but over the counter in most other
countries.

Religious artifacts of any number of banned religions.

Divorce (opps, not a physical object).

Really on thinking about it, I believe that the trade of ideas is always
far more repressed than the trade in any kind of stuff.

--Efrem

Re:
> We want to develop a list of game items, physical objects, which will
> be the goods of transaction.  I would like to pick objects that have
> been illegal in the past, but which are not anymore.  They should not
> be primarily information, such as copies of _Ulysses_.  They should
> not now be restricted.  Nor should they be weapons

Thread