1992-10-13 - drugs and simulation games. Really on thinking about it, I believe that the trade of ideas is always far more repressed than the trade in any kind of stuff.

Header Data

From: tribble@xanadu.com (E. Dean Tribble)
To: uunet!spitha.informix.com!efrem@uunet.UU.NET
Message Hash: c0af978cb510b638a3316a4b805343b8608b3fb7e05db0849b3e1152fa2e19bf
Message ID: <9210130425.AA01334@xanadu.xanadu.com>
Reply To: <9210130254.AA04987@spitha.informix.com>
UTC Datetime: 1992-10-13 04:57:42 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 12 Oct 92 21:57:42 PDT

Raw message

From: tribble@xanadu.com (E. Dean Tribble)
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 92 21:57:42 PDT
To: uunet!spitha.informix.com!efrem@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: drugs and simulation games. Really on thinking about it, I believe that the trade of ideas is always far more repressed than the trade in any kind of stuff.

	 --Efrem

	 > We want to develop a list of game items, physical objects, which will
	 > be the goods of transaction.  I would like to pick objects that have
	 > been illegal in the past, but which are not anymore.  They should not
	 > be primarily information, such as copies of _Ulysses_.  They should
	 > not now be restricted.  Nor should they be weapons

We definitely should have physical goods because the interface between
an information world (in which privacy and anonymity can be completely
protected) is where much of the complexity lies in managing things
like cryptographic money.

dean

Thread