1992-10-21 - Re: Mac Version PGP

Header Data

From: “Fen Labalme” <fen@genmagic.com>
To: uunet!atdt.org!No_Such_Address@uunet.UU.NET
Message Hash: d17e628ac496e3a004a9f879ef9239a023df5d895840bff1e130d2b626029ad9
Message ID: <9210210045.AA28410@relay1.UU.NET>
Raw Date: Tue, 20 Oct 92 17:45:27 PDT

Raw message

From: "Fen Labalme" <fen@genmagic.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 92 17:45:27 PDT
To: uunet!atdt.org!No_Such_Address@uunet.UU.NET
Subject: Re: Mac Version PGP

> No one has been able to get me the source-code to PGP, and when
> I ftp'd it from wherever, it came ZIP'd in a format that my
> unzipper doesn't recognize.

There are several mac un-zip programs available for anonymous ftp from
sumex.stanford.edu (cd info-mac/util; mget unzip-11.hqx mac-zip-10.hqx).

> But, it should be fairly straight forward to throw it into
> THINK C.

A person here has put a short amount of effort into "macifying" PGP.
He's gotten it to compile in Think and MPW, but it won't run yet.
According to him, the technical reason is that some sort of "goofy
bus-error bullshit" is occuring, and so, if you figure it out, please
let this list know (as well as possible posting it to alt.crypt.sources,
if such exists).  We will do the same.

Good luck!
Fen

Thread