1992-10-13 - Re: Mr. Squirrel

Header Data

From: nowhere@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Chael Hall)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fe748ec0459677318d9e9d5d0611919b35b8f6e096b4d2ede12008c07f006f28
Message ID: <9210131710.AA20497@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>
Reply To: <921013154244_74076.1041_DHJ92-2@CompuServe.COM>
UTC Datetime: 1992-10-13 17:04:24 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 13 Oct 92 10:04:24 PDT

Raw message

From: nowhere@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Chael Hall)
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 92 10:04:24 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Mr. Squirrel

>But, once person A creates public key X, nobody else can sign messages
>using X.  So if all messages from A are signed under X, we can know
>that they are all from the same person, even if they are sent anonymously
>or under a pseudonym.

     Who's to say that person B sees a message signed under X by person A.
He copies the signature (X) onto the bottom of one of his messages and
everyone thinks they can verify that it's from A but it's really from B.
(makes sense to me anyway...)

Chael Hall

Chael Hall                                   |     Campus Phone Number
iuvax!bsu-cs!nowhere                         |       (317) 285-3648
00CCHALL@bsuvax1.bitnet                      |
iuvax!bsu-cs!bsu-ucs!00cchall                | "I hate it when that happens!"

Thread