1992-11-17 - Re: IP bouncers

Header Data

From: mark@coombs.anu.edu.au (Mark)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0f1c6907bd7f0cdd69a7b083da961c1b47f21bcf879595ee74221470686dbf09
Message ID: <9211170401.AA22825@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Raw Date: Mon, 16 Nov 92 20:01:36 PST

Raw message

From: mark@coombs.anu.edu.au (Mark)
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 92 20:01:36 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: IP bouncers

>Remailers are extremely important, but we also need anonymous IP bouncers.
>
>An IP bouncer might work like this:  there would be a user, a server, and a
>target.  The server and user would each have key pairs (probably a new pair
>for each session), and would trade public keys.  The user would request a
>port from the server, and then would issue (encrypted) commands to the
>server.
>
>These commands might include:
>telnet - open a connection to the target.  The target would route its
>ignore - get ready to recieve lots of random bits and perhaps pass them on to
>mail - act as an anonymous remailer (like the ones we already have set up).
>port - provide a port that other people can telnet in to.
>This type of anonymous bouncer would be helpful for everything we do with

I have and use something along these lines. It was written by someone for
other purposes but it should be easy enough to port to this application.
It's rather inefficient at the moment unfortunately. I'll see what I can do
to it.

Mark

Thread