1992-11-14 - Re: Rander

Header Data

From: simsong@next.cambridge.ma.us (Simson L. Garfinkel)
To: crunch@netcom.com (John Draper)
Message Hash: 151814d54eb446f37ced371f7240bbdce6bd6ee614784eb6c0b1101b3f8146c5
Message ID: <9211140619.AA11189@next.cambridge.ma.us>
Raw Date: Fri, 13 Nov 92 22:24:49 PST

Raw message

From: simsong@next.cambridge.ma.us (Simson L. Garfinkel)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 92 22:24:49 PST
To: crunch@netcom.com (John Draper)
Subject: Re: Rander

Perhaps I'm just out of the loop, but what do you intend to do with your stream
of random numbers?  You going to send a tape to your friends under armed guard?

Just curious.

Oh, I built a hardware random number generator a few years ago for some ESP
experiments I was doing.  I wanted to see if computer hackers had better odds
of affecting the output of a RNG than non-hackers.  (You know, the hacker walks
into the room and suddenly the broken piece of equipment starts working?)

Turns out they can.

-simson

Thread