1992-11-26 - No Subject

Header Data

From: fen@genmagic.com (Fen Labalme)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 37ced5b256e12b5bf1b05be33f82464a5e7ae118871dae75e0b833ed22e434b1
Message ID: <9211260518.AA01581@>
Raw Date: Wed, 25 Nov 92 21:41:23 PST

Raw message

From: fen@genmagic.com (Fen Labalme)
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 92 21:41:23 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: No Subject

On the issue of digital cash and remailers

tcmay writes:
>Banks, escrow services, etc. will all have "reputations"...

Note that a good reputation is good as gold.  Now, when I get my remailer up
and running, I'll run it for a while in "free mode" (while I get the bugs out)
and then I'll put it into "reputation sharing mode" which works as follows:

Every time I get a message to be re-mailed, I remember the sender's site
name.  Later, when I desire to mail something, I may choose to send it through
that site.  If operating in free mode, it passes through.  If it is not a
remailer or doesn't accept my message (via a bounce) I take it off my list
of friendly mailers and and begin bouncing messages that it sends to me.
This should, of course, all happen automagically.

I realize that I am describing this somewhat poorly (it's late and I'm tired)
but the basic concept is to get everuyone who wants to send mail through a
re-mailer to become a remailer, or perhaps buy "friendship" with one
through external means.  This propogates remailers.

The simplest form of barter is one for one.

Fen

Thread