1992-11-28 - verification of posting

Header Data

From: Richard Childers <rchilder@us.oracle.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 37cf3875b0e2492643aadec80c0419bfa89c52faa6e4bb20a3790068e4ffd337
Message ID: <9211280907.AA23308@rchilder.us.oracle.com>
Raw Date: Sat, 28 Nov 92 01:08:42 PST

Raw message

From: Richard Childers <rchilder@us.oracle.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 92 01:08:42 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: verification of posting

Below is a copy of the email I received as a consequence of posting to the
Home Brew Digest.

Of course, the HBD is a digest, not a mail list ... but it occurs to me,
it is much harder to interfere with the operation of a Digest. The Digest
comes out once a day, it has ( usually ) a table of contents at the top,
and, if one received email telling where in the queue one's message was,
one could verify it by reading the Digest when next issued forth. As well
as discussing it with individuals separately via email, which provides a
redundancy of sorts to this verification process.

Eternal vigiliance and all that. Freedom is not a passive process !!

-- richard

> From homebrew-request@hpfcmi.fc.hp.com Fri Nov 27 18:31:24 1992
> Subject: Re: A clarificatioon on clarification
>

> (This message has been generated by a program, and is for your
> information only. No further action is necessary.)
>
> Your article has been received for publication in the Homebrew
> Digest. There are currently 2 article(s) ahead of yours in
> the queue that will be published first.
>
> Thanks for your submission and your support of the Digest!
>

> Rob (program author)

Thread