1992-11-28 - Re: Random numbers

Header Data

From: George A. Gleason <gg@well.sf.ca.us>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5600ebdd8a44930d4fc5911d9000678b9bd9d9ca8b9c64cf002e9b11e54cbec8
Message ID: <199211280233.AA21798@well.sf.ca.us>
Raw Date: Fri, 27 Nov 92 18:34:33 PST

Raw message

From: George A. Gleason <gg@well.sf.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 92 18:34:33 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re:  Random numbers

Vanguard's posting about a friend of his in the Air Force telling him some
things about Air Force crypto devices may be of some theoretical interest,
but posting it here really gets me majorly uncomfortable.   Current military
crypto practices are probably very highly guarded secrets.  Posting that
kind of thing, even in a general way, could be very dangerous; if not to
national security then at least to ours.

I'd like to ask we have a general agreement to not post things which may be
classified.  No point giving the govt a good excuse to stop our R&D projects
cold.

-gg

Thread