1992-11-14 - Re: Rander box and other stuff

Header Data

From: jordan@imsi.com (Jordan Hayes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 67e131ef0b1ca84662edeb87827cef868f884cc0ccbc51bc570e46f7a2bd89cf
Message ID: <9211141425.AA00660@IMSI.COM>
Raw Date: Sat, 14 Nov 92 06:59:01 PST

Raw message

From: jordan@imsi.com (Jordan Hayes)
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 92 06:59:01 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Rander box and other stuff

Hey, I have a PowerBook too, but don't say you're limited to one serial
port.  You could use the desktop bus, and there are extenders
available.  I do agree that a parallel box wouldn't do me much good on
my Sparc.  For a while, my IPX was my "portable" computer, albeit with
monitors on both coasts.  But the box itself is quite lugable.  If I
wanted to, I could plug it in along the hallways of airports and use a
palmtop with a serial connection to read mail and up/down load ...

/jordan

Thread