1992-11-12 - DC 2600 mtg

Header Data

From: Bob Stratton <strat@intercon.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 70caee0f12dab2e2c72e843af19a4b3e8441b74bf4ef7cc50cb592d29467ea4c
Message ID: <9211121425.AA32211@horton.intercon.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 12 Nov 92 11:28:41 PST

Raw message

From: Bob Stratton <strat@intercon.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 92 11:28:41 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: DC 2600 mtg

Hi all...

I was at the latter part of the Washington 2600 meeting, feel free to ask me
questions if you want.

By the way, today's article about the event was yet another example of the
media promoting hysteria about technologically competent people. The whole
article was of the "A hacker is someone who breaks into systems" model. It
makes me sick, and I think that the crypto community (the part NOT employed
by DoD) is next for this sort of misrepresentation.

Cheers,
Bob Stratton     Engineer, InterCon Systems Corp.     strat@intercon.com
+1 703 709 5525 (W)

Thread