1992-11-30 - Some hacked scripts for the remailers

Header Data

From: Bill O’Hanlon <wmo@rebma.rebma.mn.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8c84b09b4c7c06755a0d39d4ca802b74af9ad44291fee7c9ae442af7248ff7b5
Message ID: <m0mw2OO-000A4zC@rebma.rebma.mn.org>
Raw Date: Sun, 29 Nov 92 20:24:59 PST

Raw message

From: Bill O'Hanlon <wmo@rebma.rebma.mn.org>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 92 20:24:59 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Some hacked scripts for the remailers

Here's a couple of real rough Bourne shell scripts to get some mail
to go to both Hal's and my remailers.  Not too helpful if you don't
have a unix machine around--sorry.  Nothing fancy, but it'll keep the
mental confusion down when trying to put a message together.

First is twohop...
------ Cut here ------
#!/bin/sh

# Two hop anonymous remailer  hal's first, then rebma ...

if [ $# != 2 ]
then
	echo Usage: twohop message-file-name destination-address
	exit 1
fi

message=$1
dest=$2
t1=twohop.1
t2=twohop.2

# if the "remailing" and "remailer" names look odd--well, that's what hal's
# and my respective keys for the remailers are named...

encap $message $dest remailer $t1
encap $t1 remailer@rebma.mn.org remailing $t2

elm hal@alumni.caltech.edu < $t2

rm -f $t1 $t2
----- Cut here -----

twohop calls encap twice.  Encap is a more general and useful script.

------ Cut here ------
#!/bin/sh

#
# usage: encap message-file destination remailer resultfile
#

if [ $# != 4 ]
then
	echo Usage: encap message-file-name destination remailer-key-name outputfile
	exit 1
fi

mfile=$1
dest=$2
remailer=$3
result=$4

t1=encap.1
t2=encap.2

echo :: > $t1
echo Request-Remailing-To: $dest >> $t1
echo "" >> $t1
cat $mfile >> $t1
pgp -ea $t1 $remailer
echo :: > $t2
echo Encrypted: PGP >> $t2
echo "" >> $t2
cat $t1.asc >> $t2

mv $t2 $result
rm -f $t1

---- Cut here -----

These seem to work for me...  At least, a couple messages now have gotten
back to me from them.  They helped me get a couple problems out of
the remailer.

-Bill
--
Bill O'Hanlon						 wmo@rebma.mn.org