1992-11-20 - Re: Anymous Remailers and Newsposters

Header Data

From: fen@genmagic.com (Fen Labalme) (by way of fen@genmagic (Fen Labalme))
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8d0d25b86b5ea96bb357bb0fe98eab0566d8a9b98d82cd2aca99bbe27df95eae
Message ID: <9211191959.AA18490@>
Raw Date: Thu, 19 Nov 92 19:37:21 PST

Raw message

From: fen@genmagic.com (Fen Labalme) (by way of fen@genmagic (Fen Labalme))
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 92 19:37:21 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Anymous Remailers and Newsposters

[VANGUARD@gribb.hsr.n0 writes:]

>I have been aware of the need to make anonymous postings on the
>newsnet. I have made most of the neseccery softwar to allow for such
>a gateway, but it seems that the local system administartor is
>strongly opposed to the idea of the protection given by beeing
>anonymous. Such a gateway has an enourmous potential, and it is easy
>to see why some wouldn't like the idea.

I just thought I'd mention that there are several anonymous remailers
currently in use by users of the alt.sex.bondage newsgroup.  Unfortunately,
I don't have the addresses handy, but they re-post the address and
instructions for use every week or so...

Fen
~~~
~~~
Fen Labalme               General Magic              We Are Everywhere
40 Carl Street #4         2465 Latham Street        -------------------
San Francisco CA 94117    Mountain View CA 94040    The US Constitution
415/731-1174 (home)       415/966-6273 (my desk)    may not be perfect,
<fen@netcom.com>          415/965-9424 (fax)        but it's better than
<fen@well.sf.ca.us>       <fen@genmagic.com>        what we've got now.

Thread