1992-11-13 - PGP portability

Header Data

From: crunch@netcom.com (John Draper)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 985a489f399153e60321ab9fe4255f6d6bc6c35dd140e51716611a326c4146f0
Message ID: <9211132127.AA29554@netcom2.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 13 Nov 92 13:31:29 PST

Raw message

From: crunch@netcom.com (John Draper)
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 92 13:31:29 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: PGP portability

John Gilmore writes:

>The last thing PGP needs is an installed base of Mac users who are
>always stuck three revs back because they forked off their own wierd
>version and couldn't upgrade when the rest of us do.

This was why I proposed the internal "engine" concept where I keep the
machine independent code intact and the GUI seperate.    At the moment,
I can't think of a better idea.    So perhaps you can give us some
suggestions towards a solution to the problem,  John!

Thread