1992-11-19 - Re: Anonymous Reply…

Header Data

From: VANGUARD@gribb.hsr.no
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f370c83d3eb0d1fa8a0ad780d0993710134ab88e3ea9b4d3aa398ee8d6557eda
Message ID: <MAILQUEUE-101.921119142500.352@gribb.hsr.no>
Raw Date: Thu, 19 Nov 92 05:24:18 PST

Raw message

From: VANGUARD@gribb.hsr.no
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 92 05:24:18 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Anonymous Reply...

    Well after I made my last posting I realized there is a mush
better way to avoid having identical reply adresses: Simply let pgp
make a new encryption of the return adress. This works because pgp
uses a different key for each message, and the key is the only
information that is encrypted with th RSA algorithm. In other words
if you encrypt a message once with a key and encrypt the same message
again with the same key, the resulting ciphertext will be totally
different, with exeption of the first bytes and the length of the
text.

Thread