1992-11-15 - Re: Rander box and other stuff

Header Data

From: George A. Gleason <gg@well.sf.ca.us>
To: tcmay@netcom.com
Message Hash: f81cf508d799ede74a63dccbec7cf3ae65be80ea76dacc41a51a198822880771
Message ID: <199211150026.AA01440@well.sf.ca.us>
Raw Date: Sat, 14 Nov 92 16:27:09 PST

Raw message

From: George A. Gleason <gg@well.sf.ca.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 92 16:27:09 PST
To: tcmay@netcom.com
Subject: Re: Rander box and other stuff

I have a question regarding the ideas which have been circulating about
using CD ROMs as key storage.  How does one go about rapidly and effectively
erasing everything on a CD ROM?  The reason I ask is, in the case of OTPs
you want to cancel your key as it's used, to prevent accidental double-use
of key; and of course in any system you want to make sure that all your
crypto material can be wiped squeaky clean in the event of a barbarian
invasion.

-gg

Thread