1992-12-01 - Lazy man’s PGP key collection

Header Data

From: fnerd@smds.com (FutureNerd Steve Witham)
To: extropians@gnu.ai.mit.edu
Message Hash: 19dd0cf83ae64acccb172bb5c2c7e131e4f331d0d0a59b701bc49c17f1bc66f1
Message ID: <9212011758.AA05964@smds.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Dec 92 10:17:44 PST

Raw message

From: fnerd@smds.com (FutureNerd Steve Witham)
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 92 10:17:44 PST
To: extropians@gnu.ai.mit.edu
Subject: Lazy man's PGP key collection

I collect PGP keys with a PGP keys mailbox.
Instead of trashing a message when I'm through reading it, if it has
a PGP key, I transfer it to the PGP keys mailbox.  In Eudora that means
pulling down the Transfer menu to the "-> PGP keys" entry.

These are, of course, only play keys.  They could be from people who aren't
who they say they are, or they could have been tampered with on the way to
me.  Unless they've been signed by someone I trust and have a trustworthy
key for.  (Just a standard disclaimer anytime I mention public keys.)

-fnerd
only her cryptographer knows for sure
fnerd@smds.com (FutureNerd Steve Witham)

Thread