1992-12-01 - Re: PGP and Digi-money

Header Data

From: Richard Childers <rchilder@us.oracle.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 39a0bc0137bc4928aec13cf74c6855cbc083d78120032fda3d93e9e281f15ad4
Message ID: <9212012239.AA25238@rchilder.us.oracle.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Dec 92 14:40:32 PST

Raw message

From: Richard Childers <rchilder@us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 92 14:40:32 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re:  PGP and Digi-money

"Should everyone on the list be given a set amount of digital cash to start
 the 'poker game', or will we choose a smaller, representative sample? "

Maybe we should generate some digicash with a PostScript printer, just to
make it interesting.

I wonder how public key cryptology would effect efforts to counterfeit ?
It seems to me that this same technology could make cash much harder to
forge ... even allowing one to actually _print_ one's tender, authenticated
by the information buried in the serial number of the bill ... and it would
be the serial numbers that the bank would track, not the actual pieces of
paper.

-- richard

=====
-- richard childers		rchilder@us.oracle.com		1 415 506 2411
         oracle data center  --  unix systems & network administration

                    Klein flask for rent. Inquire within.

Thread