1992-12-08 - remailers, the prime user of bandwidth in the US (well, not yet)

Header Data

From: nobody@soda.berkeley.edu
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 548d8664e43bd64c12d0c61036ea7ac5b59b63553a75c5505e7b4b64b313ae52
Message ID: <9212080624.AA17822@soda.berkeley.edu>
Raw Date: Mon, 7 Dec 92 22:25:37 PST

Raw message

From: nobody@soda.berkeley.edu
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 92 22:25:37 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: remailers, the prime user of bandwidth in the US (well, not yet)

Could all remailer operators please mail me (hh@soda.berkeley.edu) the
following information so that I can set up a remailer directory?  There are
so many remailers right now that this needs to be done:

1) address to mail to. for instance, hh@soda.berkeley.edu

2) how it works. what lines to put in the header, how to give it a pgp
block, etc.

3) pgp key (if used)

4) how to contact the owner. this may be anonymous. you can easily set up
your mail delivery file to have a Purpose: field and check it for
"contact-owner" which would then forward the mail to the owner.

4) owner's name and email address (optional).

I will compile all of this information and put it up for ftp on soda.