1992-12-01 - PGP and Digi-money

Header Data

From: The Phantom <phantom@u.washington.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7f57166ae5a124f326e438f7436167f7da8fd85ad10ae6d41fedf9a353810225
Message ID: <Pine.3.05.9212011301.B25355-b100000@stein.u.washington.edu>
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Dec 92 13:32:27 PST

Raw message

From: The Phantom <phantom@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 92 13:32:27 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: PGP and Digi-money

	Well, it looks like it is going to happen. I, too, am interested
in seeing the experiment run. The way it was talked about earlier this
week, I pictured a system where people would snail-mail an amount of money
to a central authority (bank) and would be turned into credits. Since this
was only a simulation (not to raise eyebrows) I was thinking that a cap
could be established (say, $25). Now it looks as if we'll have no acutal
cash backing for the first simulation. How will this be distributed?
Should everyone on the list be given a set amount of digital cash to start
the 'poker game', or will we choose a smaller, representative sample?
	For the game, we'll have to set up an account as an internet
`bank', scripts to handle incoming cash requests, etc. Are these the least
of our worries?

	I'm also willing to help in any way I can, although I too know
little C. I have a decent background in various other areas which may be
helpful.

	On an entirely different subject: Has anyone worked up a PGP
version that may help me out? My 286 plugs along when working on keys. :)
I am specifically wondering if anyone has hacked in and created a PGP that
supports the '87 coprocessor.

thanks-

Matt Thomlinson
University of Washington, Seattle, Washington.
Internet: phantom@u.washington.edu      	    phone: (206) 528-5732
PGP 2.0 key availaible via email or finger phantom@hardy.u.washington.edu

Thread