1992-12-18 - The Wheel

Header Data

From: wendtj@jplpost.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Jeffrey P Wendt)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 899bbbecdaf2566c09c7c4b73638ca6dc02a33609231f327c042e2fbbf8dd679
Message ID: <9211187247.AA724710372@jplpost.jpl.nasa.gov>
Raw Date: Fri, 18 Dec 92 14:18:16 PST

Raw message

From: wendtj@jplpost.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Jeffrey P Wendt)
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 92 14:18:16 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: The Wheel

          Has anyone built there own TEMPEST reciever/antenna
          equipment?  I have seen articles that say that you can
          use old television sets, and that you can build more
          advanced TEMPEST unit for a hundred dollars.  This seems
          akin to the carburator that will give you 200 mpg, and
          plans for a particle beam cannon in the back of some zines.

          If this is so cheap and easy or cheaper-quicker-better
          (NASA-Goldin-TQM propoganda), then why haven't we seen an
          article/articles on the construction of a TEMPEST reciever
          and the associated tuning/specs on such an item.

          Is it possible, or nothing more than snake oil?

          JPW

Thread