1992-12-21 - DES source for the HP48SX calculator.

Header Data

From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.medford.ma.us>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d8fc1f73e1633a80318d21b5554d8aa1bb28946def21add6fff3501b6f34f9e1
Message ID: <9212210240.AA00086@orchard.medford.ma.us>
Raw Date: Sun, 20 Dec 92 20:56:59 PST

Raw message

From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.medford.ma.us>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 92 20:56:59 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: DES source for the HP48SX calculator.

I have implemented a version of the core of the DES algorithm for the
HP 48SX calculator; I mentioned this in passing on this list a couple
of weeks ago.  Anyhow, in the general cypherpunks spirit of things,
I'm willing to share this code...

Note that this only ECB-mode encryption and key schedule computation,
and not decryption.  Both operations take about 12 seconds.. mostly
because they're written in user RPL rather than system RPL or machine
code.

If the person at Berkeley who maintains the cypherpunks FTP archive
wants to get in touch with me, I'd be happy to contribute this file to
the archive; also, I'll mail it to anyone with a US or Canadian email
return address.

					- Bill

Thread