1993-01-19 - Re: possible solution to the anonymous harrassment problem

Header Data

From: Rusty_H.Hodge@horizon.amgen.com
To: uunet!citi.umich.edu!honey@uunet.UU.NET (peter honeyman)
Message Hash: 00f4e053d038592ea59f03e9e1d83a1ffd8b0d58692d4cd576759f902f0c9b68
Message ID: <1993Jan14.123843.1227@horizon.amgen.com>
Reply To: _N/A

UTC Datetime: 1993-01-19 03:32:58 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 18 Jan 93 19:32:58 PST

Raw message

From: Rusty_H._Hodge@horizon.amgen.com
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 93 19:32:58 PST
To: uunet!citi.umich.edu!honey@uunet.UU.NET (peter honeyman)
Subject: Re: possible solution to the anonymous harrassment problem

>for example, i can send postal mail with high confidence
>of anonymity, and can make anonymous phone calls (with care,
>e.g., by using phone booths and moving around).

What about that little old ladie that watches the PO Box and Phone Booth
from her window?  What about the postman who sees you place the letter in
the mailbox?

>privacy and honesty are orthogonal.

I've often accidentially overheard things I wasn't suppost to.  If people
were totally honest, we wouldn't need such good encryption...

Thread