1993-01-15 - Re: possible solution to the anonymous harrassment problem

Header Data

From: Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU>
To: Marc.Ringuette@GS80.SP.CS.CMU.EDU
Message Hash: 07b2fc05cabf10460922e611658d84ee2ceb847a6734c794e7148129fd104293
Message ID: <9301152141.AA07098@toxicwaste.MEDIA.MIT.EDU>
Reply To: <9301152030.AA10201@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-01-15 21:41:59 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 15 Jan 93 13:41:59 PST

Raw message

From: Derek Atkins <warlord@MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 93 13:41:59 PST
To: Marc.Ringuette@GS80.SP.CS.CMU.EDU
Subject: Re: possible solution to the anonymous harrassment problem

> I thought their interface was good enough to do all of the obvious
> operations -- RSA block encrypt and decrypt being the most important --
> and that this restriction was just to prevent bizarrelly hacked
> versions of their code from being confused with the original.
>
> >       R_SignPEMBlock     computes a digital signature on a message
> > R_VerifyBlockSignature   verifies a digital signature on a block of
> >                            data such as a certificate
>
> Let me know if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

You are wrong.  The interface does *not* give you RSA Block
De/Encrypt.

-derek

Thread