1993-01-31 - Remailer Abuse?

Header Data

From: Don Henson <72466.3616@CompuServe.COM>
To: <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 348304b63e2d9166db14e42d8ca69f6cae5b431dcb218c9ea2200e9f7a61733d
Message ID: <93013102075972466.3616_EHB92-4@CompuServe.COM>
Reply To: _N/A

UTC Datetime: 1993-01-31 02:17:47 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 30 Jan 93 18:17:47 PST

Raw message

From: Don Henson <72466.3616@CompuServe.COM>
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 93 18:17:47 PST
To: <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: Remailer Abuse?

-->

Is someone using my remailer to send trash to innocent young girls?
I am uncomfortable to be facilitating this kind of activity.  Can anyone
offer suggestions for the ethical thing to do in this situation?

Hal

<--

You didn't say but I assume from the context that your remailer is anonymous.
If that is the case, then you have a decision to make.  You can either keep
your remailer anonymous and not be concerned about what goes thru it or you can
make it a moderated list so that you become responsible for everything that is
posted.  Which way do you want it?

Don Henson
PGP key available on request

Thread