1993-01-15 - Re: possible solution to the anonymous harrassment problem

Header Data

From: Marc.Ringuette@GS80.SP.CS.CMU.EDU
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7a45912047ad1efa18aeae3dd95af18c5f1a2c56b5ff8582c11a291c99551e27
Message ID: <9301152030.AA10201@toad.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 15 Jan 93 12:30:20 PST

Raw message

From: Marc.Ringuette@GS80.SP.CS.CMU.EDU
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 93 12:30:20 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: possible solution to the anonymous harrassment problem

> If you read closer, you will see that you need "special permission from
> RSADSI" to use non-published interfaces to RSAREF.

I thought their interface was good enough to do all of the obvious
operations -- RSA block encrypt and decrypt being the most important --
and that this restriction was just to prevent bizarrelly hacked
versions of their code from being confused with the original.

>       R_SignPEMBlock     computes a digital signature on a message
> R_VerifyBlockSignature   verifies a digital signature on a block of
>                            data such as a certificate

Let me know if I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.

-- Marc Ringuette (mnr@cs.cmu.edu)

Thread