1993-01-11 - Commie’s

Header Data

From: Matt Willis <ASTMWILL%STETSON.bitnet@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 98c55e003eb19a379a79f782088a703e46a7bcbf4d7ba2e05bc5b53e8519790a
Message ID: <01GT8HKCAJFK0004WU@stetson.bitnet>
Raw Date: Mon, 11 Jan 93 11:02:02 PST

Raw message

From: Matt Willis <ASTMWILL%STETSON.bitnet@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 93 11:02:02 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Commie's

To this southern boy, it looks like the pinkos are slamming American
(whoops, sorry, English) programming...   :)

"pgp in actual use is not recommended.", oh yeah, well our alphabet has more
characters, so there...

There were some interesting flaws that they pointed out...
Could someone do a follow up and say what has been fixed in PGP
version 2.1?

If pgp cyphertext/encrypted data is predictable, I wonder how that would affect
the "it'd take a Cray a year" figure?
(or were the pinkos being overconfident)

I actually like the Russians, but I'm just fulfilling my stereotype.
peace     :*

|       Matt Willis       ASTMWILL@STETSON.BITNET  |        elsewhere:
|       Matt Willis       Head of the Underground  | mwill@mindvox.phantom.com
|       Matt Willis          Robotech PBM List     |
"Absolutely alone in awareness of the mechanism." -Agrippa by WG

Thread