1993-01-22 - Re: the bill of rights hasn’t been revoked. not yet, anyway.

Header Data

From: Marc.Ringuette@GS80.SP.CS.CMU.EDU
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: c69c9d4c75b45bc04d2b0a2eb68a7b69d78a5d6adf9a257e209432ceb8077866
Message ID: <9301220708.AA26798@toad.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 21 Jan 93 23:08:40 PST

Raw message

From: Marc.Ringuette@GS80.SP.CS.CMU.EDU
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 93 23:08:40 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: the bill of rights hasn't been revoked. not yet, anyway.

> I've been thinking about this a bit, and it seems that the Constitution's
> Bill of Rights has all the provisions required to implement and legally
> use digital money, secure encryption, and anonymous communication networks.

I agree, but only if you do all the public key encryption inside your head.

:-)   :-(

You're interpreting the first amendment much more liberally than current
legal practice would warrant.  Just because something is an act of
communication doesn't mean it's protected speech under the first amendment.

-- Marc Ringuette (mnr@cs.cmu.edu)

Thread