1993-01-11 - both stripping and not

Header Data

From: tribble@xanadu.com (E. Dean Tribble)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: f74ae6c028b934420161e6772b9135e61eb0a41760a32ccd70c1f3e17c46d63d
Message ID: <9301110551.AA14300@xanadu.xanadu.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 10 Jan 93 22:30:05 PST

Raw message

From: tribble@xanadu.com (E. Dean Tribble)
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 93 22:30:05 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: both stripping and not

With even current remailer architectures, it's trivial to simply have
different services for normal remailing (which leaves body intact) and
stripping services that grundge the message arbitrarily.

When we really want anonymity, for instance, we will need message
rewriting services that break the correlation between authors and
writing style.  A friend of mine looked into that material and claims
that such analysis can do a depressingly good job at figuring out what
messages were written byt he same author, even if the author tries to
stilt his style.

dean

Thread