1993-02-12 - Re: Timed-Release Crypto

Header Data

From: “John Coryell.” <jcoryell%nwu.edu@UICVM.UIC.EDU>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0ac9f4c5fcfe59d190b0f575e30ca261d3f41982b8f885d59357de8112722591
Message ID: <9302122157.AA22875@toad.com>
Reply To: <9302112058.AA03778@ptolemy.arc.nasa.gov>
UTC Datetime: 1993-02-12 21:57:41 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 12 Feb 93 13:57:41 PST

Raw message

From: "John Coryell." <jcoryell%nwu.edu@UICVM.UIC.EDU>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 93 13:57:41 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Timed-Release Crypto

>I guess this might work, but now you have to be more specific in
>telling your escrow service where to look for public keys to decode
>you message.  With just a few standard time-key servers, this isn't
>needed, and perhaps we could all share the costs of monitoring their
>trustworthyness.  Needing just a few, the need might easily be met by
>charity.
>
>Robin

Considering what we've currently had to rely on, charity seems like
as good a place to start as any.  Perhaps when escrow clients operate
like wais in conducting a search of the available sources, and utilizing
feedback to reduce noise and identify likelihoods of correct decryption,
or perhaps this would never work at all.  Monitoring would still be
necessary.

John Coryell.

Thread