1993-03-04 - Re: ANON: My remailer

Header Data

From: babani@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Rusty Babani)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 111c32fd6eb391be426c98440ccfe09eece613210170934f26365f11f056ce49
Message ID: <9303040226.AA10720@armstrong.cs.Buffalo.EDU>
Reply To: <9303032218.AA03614@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-03-04 02:27:29 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 3 Mar 93 18:27:29 PST

Raw message

From: babani@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Rusty Babani)
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 93 18:27:29 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: ANON: My remailer

Chael Hall stated in the last message:
>From cypherpunks-request@toad.com Wed Mar  3 17:44:33 1993
>From: nowhere@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Chael Hall)
>To: dclunie@pax.tpa.com.au (David Clunie)

>>What they probably mean is it is against their system administrator's
>>policy ! I would be very surprised if the governing body of the
>>university had a policy regarding this !

>     Uhg...  This is not a good sign.  My remailer is running on a
>university computer system as well.  I have been trying to get a SLIP

I know that the remailer I was running wasn't the biggest kept secret,
however, I made sure not to mention it to too many local people.  I
wonder if my sysadmin found out thru mail-logs or thru a pgp key
server or somebody told him or what?  I guess I'll never find out.

>     Enough rambling--I'm sorry to see a remailer demise and hope
>that mine will not fall under the unethical clause here.  If I find

Chael, it might be wise to check out exactly what your "university's"
policy concerning this is... before it's too late!

--
+==== Internet: babani@cs.buffalo.edu ===+======== Amateur-Radio: N2LYC ======+
!      Bitnet: V078LNGT@ubvms.BITNET     |        UUCP: rutgers!ub!babani     !

Thread