1993-03-26 - Re: help with PGP 2.2

Header Data

From: Jonathan K Saville <ee92jks@brunel.ac.uk>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 14f755da7e670f84e98185965b03423dc172818c5bb196cb2aa531344d8a089f
Message ID: <9519.9303261210@monge.brunel.ac.uk>
Raw Date: Fri, 26 Mar 93 04:11:54 PST

Raw message

From: Jonathan K Saville <ee92jks@brunel.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 93 04:11:54 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: help with PGP 2.2

Michael Diehl writes:

>I'm having problems with pgp 2.2.  I am trying to add someone's key to my ring.
>I get e-mail from them, save it to a file and xfer it to my home system.  Then
>I type pgp -ka <filename> to add the new stuff to my keyring.  I've even edited
>the file to just include the pgp stuff.  What am I doing wrong?

I had the same problem - I believe it is to do with a new flag PGP 2.2 sets
in your public keyring (see documentation). I solved the problem by
executing 'pgp -kc' which checks the contents of your keyring. After that PGP
worked fine, although to be honest I'm not sure why.

Hope this helps.

Jon
--
|      Jon Saville       |   Who alive can say, 'Thou art no   |

Thread