1993-03-05 - Re: ANON: Sysadmin Policies at Universities (and HS)

Header Data

From: babani@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Rusty Babani)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 16c3fa5e78fda19f7b7d4daa9fb82611be035632ceabb263f2fec05b0d72e030
Message ID: <9303051556.AA19327@armstrong.cs.Buffalo.EDU>
Reply To: <9303050229.AA01270@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-03-05 15:57:09 UTC
Raw Date: Fri, 5 Mar 93 07:57:09 PST

Raw message

From: babani@cs.Buffalo.EDU (Rusty Babani)
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 93 07:57:09 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: ANON: Sysadmin Policies at Universities (and HS)

Peter Honeyman stated in the last message:
>From cypherpunks-request@toad.com Thu Mar  4 23:20:49 1993
>From: Peter Honeyman <honey@citi.umich.edu>
>To: cypherpunks@toad.com
>Subject: Re:  ANON/ANNOUNCE: Sysadmin Policies at Universities (and high scho
>
>don't overreact -- they are withdrawing support of pgp (i'm surprised
>they offered it in the first place), but are they prohibiting users
>from building and using pgp?  now *that* would be an outrage.

No, not yet anyway.  I've announced it in the local school newsgroups
that I have pgp available in my directories (with world readable and
executable permisions).  But my original intent was to get pgp working
in a system directory so that I wouldn't have to spare my own quota (what
little I have of it).  PGP eats up space!

I'm begining to wonder if someday they'll say something like, "Stop
using PGP or we'll close your account."  That's when I'll seriously
have to consider transferring.

--
+==== Internet: babani@cs.buffalo.edu ===+======== Amateur-Radio: N2LYC ======+
!      Bitnet: V078LNGT@ubvms.BITNET     |        UUCP: rutgers!ub!babani     !