1993-03-16 - volunteers and standards

Header Data

From: Al Whaley <Al.Whaley@sunnyside.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 2d4c1778c8f0e87e1ab8204bdefc212d1f26c3645dd938754db9b6d8ed6b985e
Message ID: <199303160532.AA19680@snyside.sunnyside.com>
Raw Date: Mon, 15 Mar 93 21:33:28 PST

Raw message

From: Al Whaley <Al.Whaley@sunnyside.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 93 21:33:28 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: volunteers and standards

I apologize for sending this broadly for it will not apply to
most of you who work with and understand the meaning of
standards...

If a person sticks his/her neck out to let you volunteer for
a desirable  event, and you don't hold up your end of the
bargain, you can expect your own treatment back in the
future.

Anyone wanting to receive a scholarship or volunteer for the
Computers, Freedom and Privacy '94 conference should please
contact George Trubow at g.trubow@compmail.com
He'll also have  a WELL account soon. I suggest that he's
not facile with email yet, so you're welcome to copy me
with your notes and I'll also make sure he gets them for now.

Despite  controversy about its cost, it will continue to
cost about the same amount next year as this year, with
the probable exception of adding student rates (yes, you'll
have to be full time at some school/university/college).

Thanks.
  judi

--
Al Whaley        al@sunnyside.com       +1-415 322-5411(Tel), -6481 (Fax)
Sunnyside Computing, Inc., PO Box 299, Palo Alto, CA 94302

Thread