1993-03-19 - Re: Cypher: Subject naming proposal

Header Data

From: nowhere@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Chael Hall)
To: crys@cave.tcp.com (Crys Rides)
Message Hash: 425114e538afc74483eefeb0f1fd738626d23974f502da94ff6cc693f04f3d11
Message ID: <9303190157.AA14620@bsu-cs.bsu.edu>
Reply To: <9303182329.AA21721@ucunix.san.uc.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-03-19 02:02:02 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 18 Mar 93 18:02:02 PST

Raw message

From: nowhere@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Chael Hall)
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 93 18:02:02 PST
To: crys@cave.tcp.com (Crys Rides)
Subject: Re: Cypher: Subject naming proposal

>Erm, only that this apparently appears to pretty much _require_ switching
>mailreaders to MH.  A more transparent solution can be achieved with the
>'procmail' package, available from any comp.sources.misc archive.  This
>package allows rule-based filtering on message content, size, and other
>factors, and can be installed workably with most mailreaders to my
>knowledge, without requiring much effort.

     I don't know what you mean...  The incoming mail ends up in
/var/spool/mail (on my system) whether or not you use it.  I use ELM
as my mailreader and everything works fine.  He did say that he is
using ELM.  To me, this is less effort than FTPing 'procmail.'

>Crys Rides

Chael Hall

--
Chael Hall