1993-03-05 - ANON: Sysadmin policies at universities

Header Data

From: Eric Fogleman <Eric.Fogleman@analog.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4ef2f27e84ac8d4cfdf87b988a80712908fdb5701d5b0bc1fa4ddf046fabf9a5
Message ID: <9303052014.AA26191@ack.adstest.analog.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 5 Mar 93 12:22:43 PST

Raw message

From: Eric Fogleman <Eric.Fogleman@analog.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 93 12:22:43 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: ANON:  Sysadmin policies at universities

Jordan Hayes responds to Rusty Babani:

> 	From babani@cs.buffalo.edu Fri Mar  5 13:56:06 1993
>
> 	Here is the responce I got as to WHY I CANT RUN A REMAILER IN
> 	MY ACCOUNT...
>
> Why do you continue to think it's "your" account?
>
> If you want to have such a thing to call "your account" you're welcome
> to plunk down some $$$, buy a machine, get yerself a network link, and
> remail to your heart's content...

I have to agree with Jordan on this.  In a truly free society, you have
the right to use your property as you see fit.  And so does the university.

Your right to free speech doesn't mean you have the right to someone
else's soapbox.

Eric Fogleman

Thread