1993-03-02 - Re: more ideas on anonymity

Header Data

From: mccoy@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Jim McCoy)
To: 72147.3504@CompuServe.COM (Tiia Roth-Biester)
Message Hash: 76dd471f72150ec4531234e9a6c987d6ff1620a1fdef3a9d035411234023e175
Message ID: <9303021632.AA07790@tramp.cc.utexas.edu>
Reply To: <930302160011_72147.3504_EHC32-1@CompuServe.COM>
UTC Datetime: 1993-03-02 16:34:19 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 2 Mar 93 08:34:19 PST

Raw message

From: mccoy@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Jim McCoy)
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 93 08:34:19 PST
To: 72147.3504@CompuServe.COM (Tiia Roth-Biester)
Subject: Re: more ideas on anonymity

Tiia Roth-Biester <72147.3504@CompuServe.COM> writes:

> (George A. Gleason)
>
> >1) Anything involving physical violence, threats of violence, incitement to
> >violence.  (this includes acts such as rape, pedophelia etc.,
>
> Don't forget that this also includes government.  I for one would favor
> banning the advocacy of government from the nets.  Serve them right <G>.
> Interesting that most people support murder, robbery, and slavery when
> practiced in the name of the State but might shirk from supporting rape
> in the service of the State.  Sounds inconsistent to me.

Not really.  Since its foundation, the cornerstone of government is that it
maintains the only legitimate monopoly on the use of violence.  Like it or
not, this is how it works and most of the sheep/citizens are quite happy to
maintain this system.  It is kind of ironic that you would propose to ban
the advocacy of government on the nets considering the fact that without
governement the nets would not be here in the first place.  Sounds
inconsistent to me...

jim

Thread