1993-03-28 - Re: Speaking of TEMPEST….

Header Data

From: Eli Brandt <ebrandt@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d9c5674990d1f15cfa6a7bfe6e3a12bf8d4f960b5fbf002fff20a6d9e7ae66b7
Message ID: <9303280735.AA11161@toad.com>
Reply To: <9303280644.AA11996@triton.unm.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-03-28 07:35:48 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 27 Mar 93 23:35:48 PST

Raw message

From: Eli Brandt <ebrandt@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 93 23:35:48 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Speaking of TEMPEST....

> How does one go about testing such a thing?

Anything that is interfered with will work, but listening to an AM
radio tuned to maximal interference is easy.  When you have no
audible interference, though, it just means that there's none left
that this will pick up.

> Is there any way of Jamming a computers emmisissions?  Just a thought.

Technically, sure.  But you'd need some kinda broadband licence to
operate it... legally.

> | J. Michael Diehl ;-) |  I thought I was wrong once.  But, I was mistaken. |

	 PGP 2 key by finger or e-mail
   Eli   ebrandt@jarthur.claremont.edu

Thread