1993-03-01 - Re: anon user on cypherpunks list

Header Data

From: Eli Brandt <ebrandt@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: fb184429170dd5220722ef3f5e9b8872dec7cf218dc7b52b218aa146d0aa2e38
Message ID: <9303010023.AA07585@toad.com>
Reply To: <9302281755.AA13087@soda.berkeley.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-03-01 00:23:50 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 28 Feb 93 16:23:50 PST

Raw message

From: Eli Brandt <ebrandt@jarthur.Claremont.EDU>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 93 16:23:50 PST
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: anon user on cypherpunks list

> For every reason you might want a pseudonym in the first place, you
> might also want a "pseudonym from your pseudonym," especially if you
> use it a lot.

A specific example: I am presently running a survey of drug prices,
and suggested that respondents might wish to reply through penet.
Unfortunately, I realized that I could not respond to these messages
without blowing my penet pseudonym.  Fortunately, I had never
actually used it, so I could safely "blow it".  At present, if I
need another penet pseudonym, I guess I'll create it through mail
games.  But IWBNI there were a built-in way to do this --
particularly for those who aren't able to hack mailers, who are the
ones who really need a service such a penet in the first place.

> Eric

	 PGP 2 key by finger or e-mail
   Eli   ebrandt@jarthur.claremont.edu

Thread