1993-04-19 - AT & T Contact Point

Header Data

From: dstalder@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Darren/Torin/Who ever…)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com (CypherPunks)
Message Hash: 050c38126ace2aa1d26603e1489db515722673ac7d3846b40f817ec6aa4eacd3
Message ID: <9304191602.AA20825@gmuvax2.gmu.edu>
Raw Date: Mon, 19 Apr 93 09:01:51 PDT

Raw message

From: dstalder@gmuvax2.gmu.edu (Darren/Torin/Who ever...)
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 93 09:01:51 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com (CypherPunks)
Subject: AT & T Contact Point

I talked to Herb Linnen at AT & T.  He talked to me some but kept harping
on the point of how ATT is devoted to customer privacy and that the ATT
Vice-President of Information Systems (I forget his name) is an expert on
cryptography and he obviously can't be wrong when he says that the wiretap
chip is robust.

He asked that I call David Arneke or Bill Jones at 919-279-7680 to discuss
this since his department wasn't involved in the wiretap chip.

The ATT operators dealing with calling cards and residential phone service
have had other people cancelling their accounts because of this...

Think free,
--
Defeat the        Torin/Darren Stalder/Wolf           __
  Big Brother     Internet:  dstalder@gmuvax2.gmu.edu \/ PGP2.x key available.

Thread