1993-04-23 - AT&T replacement offer

Header Data

From: George A. Gleason <gg@well.sf.ca.us>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 50536eed225ad3104578779489f18234da0ce7d50eddf7f0b9cebe0693e2ba69
Message ID: <199304231022.AA13617@well.sf.ca.us>
Raw Date: Fri, 23 Apr 93 03:23:08 PDT

Raw message

From: George A. Gleason <gg@well.sf.ca.us>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 93 03:23:08 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: AT&T replacement offer

Re the AT&T boycott, I'm going to put my labor where my mouth is, and offer:

Replacement of any AT&T business phone system or consumer telephone product,
at a discount of 25% off normal retail (essentially a nonprofit rate).  On
business phone systems, this includes all AT&T key systems (Merlin, Spirit,
Partner, etc) and PBX (system 75 and up); and includes one year's service
contract.

For smaller systems, we'll install anywhere from Santa Cruz to Mendocino;
for larger ones, anywhere in California depending on the job; and we'll ship
user-intallable ones anywhere you like.  (User-installable systems typically
involve 32 or fewer phones.)

For each AT&T system we remove, we send a letter to AT&T explaining why.
Then when we gather up enough of them to make a decent sized pile, do some
kind of publicity event with them (any suggestions?).  (Or maybe simply sell
the old AT&T stuff to a secondary market dealer and donate the proceeds to
an appropriate organisation?)

-george gleason, Integrated Signal / Switched Networks, 510-644.8085
  gg@well.sf.ca.us

Thread