1993-04-15 - Chaining to Julf’s remailer

Header Data

From: hal@alumni.cco.caltech.edu (Hal Finney)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 692087d88ff1943275b7b55083b67581fefbf0e31336a732295e4b498f48476f
Message ID: <9304152107.AA16806@alumni.cco.caltech.edu>
Raw Date: Thu, 15 Apr 93 14:08:16 PDT

Raw message

From: hal@alumni.cco.caltech.edu (Hal Finney)
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 93 14:08:16 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Chaining to Julf's remailer

On news.admin.policy, a 'nym' called Nowhere, Man called somebody an
asshole and told them to fuck off.

Someone objected, and Nowhere responded:

> You're right, and I'm really sorry if my insults got somebody bent out
> of shape.  I just think some people deserve to get flamed once in a while.
> Also, the mail return address doesn't work becuase this message goes therough
> a chain of other remailers before it gets to JUlf's base.  So netnews is
> the only way to get messages to me.  Hey, maybe there should be a board
> just for messages to nyms.  Crypted, even.  How about it, news.admin.policy
> phreaks, should we put it to a vote?                          Nowhere, Man .

Apparently it is in fact possible to chain remailers now.  I assume that
he is chaining through cypherpunks remailers into penet.  I'm curious to
know which remailer is being used for this purpose?  Perhaps we could add
a description of how to do this to the documentation.  My guess is that
"Nowhere" reads this list.

Hal

Thread