1993-04-18 - FAQ’s

Header Data

From: uni@acs.bu.edu (Shaen Bernhardt)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8422c6fb17a1f83393dbbbfae87305b0a27503e60ca1ea7582222e7c101255f1
Message ID: <9304182243.AA107262@acs.bu.edu>
Raw Date: Sun, 18 Apr 93 15:43:22 PDT

Raw message

From: uni@acs.bu.edu (Shaen Bernhardt)
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 93 15:43:22 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: FAQ's

Perhaps someone should cook up a frequently asked questions sheet
with regard to our position on the Wiretap chip proposal?

Something bent a little more in the direction of consequences
and not promises?

Q:  What will the Clipper Chip really mean for Privacy?

A:  The Clipper chip bills itself as the answer to a nations right
for privacy, when indeed it is less secure than many of the algorithms
in circulation today.  Buying a Clipper Chip device is the same as
handing the government your login password and accepting the promise,
"We'll only use it with proper authorization..."

Admittedly my example is less than eloquent, perhaps someone
can come up with better?  Given this format, and if the
questions and answers are kept in layman's terms, it could reasonably
be distrubuted to some of the less technical news groups and things
like comp.mac.comm and such....

uni (Dark)

Thread