1993-04-08 - Re: FLAME: taking action

Header Data

From: pete@cirrus.com (Pete Carpenter)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bda3842e2fdbd48fa9dbcb4eb845cc7be3c510654b15e6bad6a6f95b21266a07
Message ID: <9304082207.AA16844@ss2138.cirrus.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 8 Apr 93 15:06:37 PDT

Raw message

From: pete@cirrus.com (Pete Carpenter)
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 93 15:06:37 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: FLAME: taking action

>> Not voting in today's society is a cop out.  It is most certainly not
>> perfect, and the choices suck, but it remains one of the major voices you
>> have today in the world.
>
> Voting arguably endorses the system.  If you are vocal about why
> you don't endorse the system, your refusal to vote can have a lot
> more impact than going to the polls.

If you don't vote, your opinion literally doesn't count, and means that
you are perfectly happy with the status quo. Not voting guarantees that
you will have no voice.  Perot's name will be remembered a lot longer
than some nuts whining how about the process doesn't work. The best way
to protest the current system, is to vote for something else.

I'm a Libertarian rather than a Perotian, but I give him a lot of credit
for allowing so many people to see beyond the two party system.

Vote with your feet, not with your butt.

---
Pete Carpenter                           pete@cirrus.com

Talk about your plenty, talk about your ills,
One man gathers what another man spills. - Robert Hunter

Thread