1993-04-23 - Moving Target: Warning

Header Data

From: Harry Shapiro <habs@Panix.Com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com (Good Guys)
Message Hash: d2019e4e4d0d73a4d03839338efee74f6c126c47b598a6937273cfcb6587b791
Message ID: <199304231108.AA08218@sun.Panix.Com>
Raw Date: Fri, 23 Apr 93 04:08:16 PDT

Raw message

From: Harry Shapiro <habs@Panix.Com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 93 04:08:16 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com (Good Guys)
Subject: Moving Target: Warning

I have thought that it is a losing strategy to debate the wire tap chip
on purely tech terms as I feel the NSA would have more technology
up their sleve, changing the MO as we object to specific points and
probally making themselves SEEM responsive to the gov/congress/Admin.

First we had 40 bit key halves then we got 80-bit XORed and now:
CAPSTONE: THE NEXT GENERATION, with DSS, etc...

We need to make broad specturm attacks on both spef. technical
points and social points.

We need to say/talk to How this country was founded.

We did to say Ok, NSA/FBI is right and the world has changed. But
it will keep on changing... like our Founders, we need to plot
a course that will hold true not for a few years but for the
next two hundred.

This is stuff that shouldn't be debated in private by NSA and Bill C.

/harry

--
Harry Shapiro  				      habs@panix.com
Private Communication for the Extropian Community since 1991

Thread