1993-05-22 - Whoops; and a question on information theory and encryption

Header Data

From: Clark Reynard <clark@metal.psu.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0ef5721c538f8ce2a2fce08c599137dd01f83f0ff3ffe48612c24c750d60ddb5
Message ID: <9305220230.AA00987@metal.psu.edu>
Raw Date: Fri, 21 May 93 18:50:27 PDT

Raw message

From: Clark Reynard <clark@metal.psu.edu>
Date: Fri, 21 May 93 18:50:27 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Whoops; and a question on information theory and encryption

Just noticed that my last note had been posted already;
sorry.

In addition, I'm wondering whether a plaintext/cyphertext pair is
considered to have a one-to-one isomorphism; in particular, in the
case where you have a plaintext/cyphertext pair but no knowledge of
the method of encryption, is there a one-to-one isomorphism?

In the case of a one-time pad, is there isomorphism, and if so, of
what sort?

Thank you.
----
Robert W. Clark             Just Say No! to the
rclark@nyx.cs.du.edu        Big Brother Chip

Thread