1993-05-01 - Re: Tactics.

Header Data

From: uni@acs.bu.edu (Shaen Bernhardt)
To: uni@acs.bu.edu
Message Hash: 179caa68826236c390c633de665d6b6289321b4b1259bbd13519ec94e548bc57
Message ID: <9305011053.AA133338@acs.bu.edu>
Raw Date: Sat, 1 May 93 03:53:41 PDT

Raw message

From: uni@acs.bu.edu (Shaen Bernhardt)
Date: Sat, 1 May 93 03:53:41 PDT
To: uni@acs.bu.edu
Subject: Re:  Tactics.

>From which: promulgating underground crypto *as a safety measure*, *just in
case* is one thing, but doing it to get in RSA's face is way premature.  I'd
say start by working with RSA to the extent possible, keeping at it until
there is success, and then if the govt tries to slam public key, that's the
time to break out the insurrectional approach.  But not before.

The adrenaline rush of a big bad confrontation is a feel-good drug to a lot
of people but we have to be *smarter than that.*

-gg

*** So spoke gg@well.sf.ca.us

I agree....
After reading my message over, I realized that many might
see what I said as a call to arms.  It is not.  Instead I suggest
we all stay OUT of RSA's face.  But neither in my opinion shall
we find outselves unwitting partners with RSA only to find ourselves
sold out.

uni (Dark)

Thread