1993-05-13 - Re: CALLER ID?

Header Data

From: speth@cats.UCSC.EDU
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1d651ec4e3710eeaa8873fd5050a22e03f9f588befa4ab23a1dc97c6488269af
Message ID: <9305130114.AA27275@am.ucsc.edu>
Raw Date: Wed, 12 May 93 18:14:54 PDT

Raw message

From: speth@cats.UCSC.EDU
Date: Wed, 12 May 93 18:14:54 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re:  CALLER ID?

Years ago, when I crossed the country with a regular cell-phone, I tried
calling another ANI demo at points along the way.  The result was just
the same, in a couple different calling areas: the demo always read back
some strange number with the area code of the place I was in.

I figured it must just go out of some line at the cell-site like a regular
phone call.  I never tried calling the number that was read back though.

james speth       email for pgp compatible public-key        speth@cats.ucsc.edu
               Have you ever had your phones tapped by the government?  YOU WILL
                              and the company that'll bring it to you...  AT&T

Thread