1993-05-25 - License plates

Header Data

From: TO1SITTLER@APSICC.APS.EDU (Kragen Sittler)
To: cypherpunklist<cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: 4828d7e7119ef1c1d52711e5cb999549fab126535fc0c65b9084ce24649219db
Message ID: <930525121307.302f@APSICC.APS.EDU>
Raw Date: Tue, 25 May 93 11:15:03 PDT

Raw message

From: TO1SITTLER@APSICC.APS.EDU (Kragen Sittler)
Date: Tue, 25 May 93 11:15:03 PDT
To: cypherpunklist<cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: License plates

My understanding is that in many states, the Department of Motor Vehicles Records
indexed on license plate number, and containing the name, address, and other
information about the owner, is public or semi-public.  How would an interested
party go about finding this information?  How difficult or costly is it?  And
what all is actually listed in the record?

How about medical records?  How private are they?

How about other records which are, to me, private or appear to be private, but
can actually be read by anyone without my consent?

Kragen

Thread