1993-05-25 - Re: Say again?

Header Data

From: Mark <mark@coombs.anu.edu.au>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 680a8f56c99fc68df77def44b477e77a1a233abc49a115af525f20595585ff38
Message ID: <9305252339.AA29243@toad.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 25 May 93 16:39:51 PDT

Raw message

From: Mark <mark@coombs.anu.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 25 May 93 16:39:51 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Say again?

>   >This was based on a verbal conversation at Interop with someone from
>   >uunet, from whom the tapes are purchased.  I or they could be
>   >mis[led|informed|remembering], but if you really care, ask uunet.
>
>Having just spoken to someone who contracts at the NSA (and no, this name
>I will not post), he does not believe they get such a beast, although, as
>many people have pointed out, the FBI did.  That, then, would be the
>origin of that, along with some TLA confusion.

Wouldnt the NSA just get a feed to their internet machines, say maybe
dockmaster.ncsc.mil? All they would have to pay for is the line, which is
there anyway. No need to buy tapes. Makes more sense to me. I assume they
have news readers on Multics systems :)

Mark
mark@coombs.anu.edu.au

Thread